In the first video of the series on How To Increase Sales In Your Small Business we discussed defining your target market by creating an ideal fit client avatar. Today we dig into how to create your marketing message.
What To Say In Your Marketing To Increase Revenue And Sales In Your Small Business
When it comes to crafting your marketing message I can’t tell you exactly what to say that will work for your business. If you’d like to ask about a specific challenge you can email me at email@example.com. But I will suggest that what you say is less important than how you say it. And I can provide some guidelines there.
First, it’s important to set your goals for your marketing communication. Here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Your marketing should continue to build your relationship with your prospects and develop trust.
- Your marketing should add value to your prospects lives.
- Your marketing should continue to develop Top of Mind and State of Mind Awareness (ToMA and SoMA).
- Each contact should include a clear next step or call to action.
And always remember…A compelling offer is 10 times more powerful than a convincing argument. via @thedeanjackson and @ilmpodcast Click To Tweet
As you’re crafting the actual message – sitting down to write an email, script, or ad copy – here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Keep it personal and relevant. Your tone and style should be as if you were sitting across from someone over coffee. Keeping it light and personal will allow the recipient to connect most deeply with your message.
- Add value at every step. I’m a huge fan of educational direct response marketing, but regardless of where you come from, never forget that it’s about them and not you.
- Keep your communication focused on them and what you have to offer them, not on what you need or want from them.
- Always approach with an offer and not an ask.
In this episode I referenced the I Love Marketing Podcast. I strongly recommend you check out the first 20-30 episodes for some red hot and rock solid marketing advice and insights. Just visit ilovemarketing.com/episode-list and scroll to the bottom to find the early episodes.
This video is part of a series on Increasing Sales In Your Small Business. You can find the rest of the videos in this series here:
Did this video help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook.
P.S. If you liked the tips provided in this episode you might also get value from my free report, 3 Steps to Increasing the Value of Your Time.