Generating new leads is where many small business owners struggle and is the limiting factor in much small business growth and revenue.
In this 4th episode of the series on How to Increase Revenue and Sales in Your Small Business, I provide some tips and guidance on how to generate more sales leads.
How To Generate New Leads For Your Small Business
In this episode I talked about the importance of generating enough new leads to feed your sales funnel and the impact of lead generation on your business growth and revenue.
It’s critically important to take action – the more the better.Success loves action! Click To Tweet
Here’s a partial list of some of the activities you could pursue to generate more leads.
- Content Creation to educate, entertain, and establish a relationship with your target audience.
- Expert Positioning so that when someone needs your solution you’re already established as the go-to.
- Write a book
- Public speaking
- Get interviewed on TV, Radio, or in print
- Direct Outreach to people you engage with on social media can be a great technique.
- Business networking, either face to face or virtually. This is where you build leverage.
- Online Forums where you can interact with and add value to your prospects.
- Partnerships can be an excellent way to share audiences and attract attention from new crowds.
- Cross promotional agreements
- Guest appearances or guest content contributions
- Sponsored posts
- Joint Venture campaigns
- Dead Contacts or people with whom the timing wasn’t right are excellent resources to check in with. Maybe things have changed and there’s an opportunity now when there wasn’t before.
- Past clients
- Unconverted leads
Here are a couple other posts I found on the topic with some ideas you may find helpful:
63 Lead Generation Strategies
20 Smart Ways to Generate More Leads for Your Business
All You Can Eat Leads: 10 Ways to Generate More Leads for Less
Update 1/16/17: I came across another great article on the topic that I’m adding to the list. I’ve seen first hand how well these strategies can work!
And finally, keep in mind these 3 critical ideas as you go about generating new leads for your business:
Capture Your Leads
All your efforts will be wasted if you don’t have a way to capture your leads. Whether it’s an opt-in offer, a free report, a free consultation, a way to requst more information, or whatever else you can come up with, building a database of interested prospects is the keystone of successful lead generation for your small business.
Follow Up With Your Leads
I can’t stress this enough. It’s critically important that you follow up with your interested leads quickly and appropriately. If they weren’t interested now, they wouldn’t have opted in. So strike while the iron is hot.
Ask For The Sale
Your market wants to engage with you and they want to be led through the process. If you don’t make an offer of a logical next step they’ll drift away.
This video is part of a series on Increasing Sales In Your Small Business. You can find the rest of the videos in this series here:
Did this video help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook.
P.S. If you liked the tips provided in this episode you might also get value from my free report, 3 Steps to Increasing the Value of Your Time.